Babies, Blue Windmill Nursery
Our Baby Room Supervisor and her specially trained staff look after children aged from six weeks to 2 years.
The atmosphere in the baby room is warm and welcoming and provides a wide range of facilities to promote your child's development. There is an integral milk kitchen and a cosy, glass fronted sleep-room, where you and we can be sure that your children are under constant supervision whilst they have a well deserved rest during regular breaks in the stimulating activities that are planned and delivered individually to each baby by the dedicated baby room staff. The room is air-conditioned, providing a comfortable environment for both babies and staff. The main baby playroom has an attractive layout which integrates specialist equipment:
- our 'baby-gym' allows for the exploration of small steps and slopes, challenging the skill of balancing
- a sensory area encourages the children to find out more about the way things feel and sound
- the book-corner is for enjoying a story, with an adult or alone
- there is space to enjoy lots of messy play, like paint, gloop, sand and water
- we have a small and snug eating area where children practice feeding themselves, with the staff close at hand to help
- there is even a specially constructed outdoor baby garden adjacent to the room.
The baby garden is an ideal place for the children to gain confidence in their newly acquired physical skills. There is space to practice walking and running and for those who are more able we have bikes to master, balls to kick or catch and the facility to clamber and climb.
For more information or to arrange a visit, please get in touch.